What does it mean to be mentally healthy?
Like with many wellness factors, it is about prevention – perhaps even more than cure.
If we look after ourselves we are less likely to develop health-related problems.
understanding how to recognise signs of good mental health:
“Mental health is not just the absence of mental disorder. It is defined as a state of well-being in which every individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community.” (World Health Organization)
No problem!!! So you may well ask yourself: How can I improve my mental wellbeing?
Here are a few tips on maintaining good mental health
- Self-care, look after yourself.
- Love yourself, do not hate yourself.
- Be physically active – this will help you sleep
- Don’t set yourself impossible goals,, do not try to be perfect.
- Take time to slow down or meditate – a good rest for the brain.
- Don’t forget to enjoy yourself.
All this helps keep a positive attitude – and it has been proven that a positive thinking is powerful enough to prevent diseases and help you heal both physically and emotionally.
There is also the element of development and stimulus. Harrogate, with its events, conferences, adult learning programmes, book fairs, tai chi sessions and much more offers a stimulating environment.